Friday, November 11, 2005

Worth The Wait!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


12 Years since her last album "The Red Shoes" was released Kate Bush's long awaited new double CD titled "Aerial" came out this week. To say I've been really excited about this forthcoming album would be an understatement, so it was more than great to finally get my hands on a copy when it hit the stores.
For me there's only 2 Artists around these days that I would buy an album from without at least having a listen to first but when it comes to Kate I know for sure that I'll get something truly amazing to listen to and she certainly does not disappoint with Aerial.

I know everyone else out there at the moment is obsessing over Madonna's new album but if your after something original with substance then I strongly recommend Aerial to you. In a market that's saturated in disposable Artists wallowing in thoughtless lyrics and mediocre production values this Album as like all of Kate Bush's work is a sweet breathe of fresh air that stands tall above the current woeful state of the music industry.

I have to mention my favorite track off the Album titled "Sunset" on the second CD "a sky of Honey" a heart breakingly sublime work of art that gives me goosebumps everytime and is worth buying the whole CD set for alone.


Who knows who wrote that song of Summer
That blackbirds sing at dusk
This is a song of colour

Where sands sing in crimson, red and rust
Then climb into bed and turn into dust

Every sleepy light
Must say goodbye
To the day before it dies
In a sea of honey
A sky of honey

Keep us close to your heart
So if the skies turn dark
We may live on in
Comets and stars

Oh Sing of summer and a sunset
And sing for us, so that we may remember

The day writes the words right across the sky
They go all the way up to the top of the night.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Cool! Thanks for the review - I was only asking a friend (and enormous fan of Kate's) about the new album the other day.

I'll have to go have a listen.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Brechi said...

woo hoo I've been looking for some cool Sydney blogs (it's my favorite place) ;)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

The album is superb - every single track is excellent, and that´s saying something when most CDs have only two decent tracks and the rest is trash. And Aerial is a double CD. Amazing.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Rey Rey said...

Ooh, I can't wait to get this... I've obsessed over Kate in the past, and when she released The Red Shoes, I was enthralled now 12 years later, I'm so excited that even the hardcore fans like it too.

:-)

3:43 PM  
Blogger fucko.inc said...

Here, here for Kate, I spent the weekend listening to this album and it is superb, get it now, will also admit to spending the same amount of time chewing thru the ear candy Madonna provides on her new album too. Also great to see another Aussie promoting the superb series "Strangers with Candy" everyone should start shopping at the Comfort Zone and experience the life of a boozer, a user and a loser. IT FUCKEN ROCKS!

10:01 AM  
Blogger fucko.inc said...

Oh and ta for the encouragement, glad you liked the link and ya huh will keep it going, send more virgin eyes to my blog so I can pollute their minds.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate the album review. I have not heard of it before, but it seems it's okay to check her album out.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The album seems worth checking out. I might as well see what this artist has to offer, based on the review.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home