Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Kinda Snow globe...

I was down in Melbourne for the weekend and one of my friends who lives down there has this amazing trio of Snow globes who are the work of Australian artist Fiona Hall. I've always really admired them especially this one titled "Lair" depicting the White House in Washington surrounded by sand bags and crumbling under the weight of 3 dogs - an English Poodle representing Tony Blair, an American Pitbull representing George Bush and a Australian Blue Heeler representing John Howard all trying to hump each other while one cocks up his leg to take a piss while precariously balancing over some rotting drums of toxic waste.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fiona HallLair, 2004 Music: How much is that doggy in the window
mixed media


Personally I think this is a massive injustice to the Pitbull and Blue Heeler and I know Scott over at Bill In Exile would strongly agree but that aside it is a great "Fuck off" piece of Art work. This one was released in 2004 so I am pretty excited that I got myself down on the waiting list for one at the Gallery where they occasionally turn up.

These are the other 2 which I plan on getting as well to complete the trio...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Fiona Hall Lesion, 2004 Music: I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony
mixed media

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fiona Hall Rising Tide, 2002 Music: Beyond the Reef
mixed media

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home