Friday, August 26, 2005

A Night at the Diva's....

No. 2 in a series of 4 Diva Posters for 2005, this one feauturing Drag King Sexy Galexy

So here I find myself finally updating my blog after a few days of quiet sulking over the fact that Kerri Anne was a no-show at the Diva's this year. Instead they played some lame video message from her at the beginning of the evening apologizing for not being able to make it, putting my sad ass needs aside though it was an incredible night and one that made me really happy to be in a community full so much vision and talent that make the Diva Awards the spectacle that they are.
My Night started with a visit to my mums apartment to get ready with the help of her flatmate and superstar stylist Alan. Alan is a great friend of my mum's and it was pretty cool priviledge to have George Michael's (amongst others) personal stylist help me out with what to wear. Now I'm not one that is big on labels but he gave me an obscenely expensive jacket matched with an even more osbscenely priced pair of shoes to wear on the night and I gotta say the way some of those clothes feel to wear do a damn fine job of sucking you into justifying the ridiculous mark-up on them, but who needs to buy when you have Alan :).

Looking out from mum's apartment

So I arrived at my first Diva's feeling like a million bucks and proceeded to lap up the night, the Shows were original and inspiring and the outfits were amazing but the best part of the night was seeing a friend, Paul Dillon get a very well deserved award for outstanding achievement in the community for his work over the years on the Mardi Gras Party Committee and more recently his tireless efforts on Drug Education and awareness.

After the awards it was onto the "Bitch or Boast" after-party at ARQ Nightclub and it was one hell of a fun night, I of course had to completely write myself off as I was so devastated about not seeing KAK - so much of the latter part of the night is a blur but one that wont be forgotten anytime soon.
Sorry about the lack of photos but the night was spent just enjoying the moment and trying to play arouund with a camera just didnt come into play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home