Thursday, November 01, 2007

Life around the Harbour

One of the best qualities that Sydney offers to those who live here is the ease of access to an abundance of really amazing locations around the harbour and coastline, that once reached make you slip into the mode of being on holidays in no time even though you have only travelled for 5-10 minutes out the CBD.

I caught up with my friend Howard today and as the day was fairly overcast to begin with we arranged to meet for lunch in Potts Point. (as opposed to North Bondi where we normally would head to catch some sun and waves.) Within minutes after sitting down the clouds were parting and the weather was starting to really heat up so Howard suggested we make the most of it and head down to Red Leaf Beach on Sydney Harbour.

Within minutes after a quick stop at my place to grab a towel and throw on the swimmers we were down by the water soaking up the surroundings. After warming up in the sun we walked out to the edge of the pier, Howard dived - with expert precision!, I just jumped of the edge before we both swam back in to shore completely invigorated.

It's funny that the Amazing Howard finds himself here on the blog as its the reason how I came to know him in the first place, a good while back I was at a party at Home Night Club and he recognised me from this blog due to the fact that he's a New York ex-pat who is friends with Juan from Boozhy and Oliver, Scott's ex-boyfriend.
It's been a true gift that he came up and said Hello as he's a great guy who has been an absolute pleasure to get to know and spend time with, much like my other friend Drew whom I've met as a result of the blog.

These shots taken on the dodgy 1.3 mega pixel camera in my phone don't do the view we had today justice but you get the idea...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Superdrewby said...

I didn't know that about Howard, How small is the world?

mind you I think it's so funny that all of my friends read my blog to see what we are up to too weird!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah! Australialand is goreous and Sydney is really pretty but where the fuck are the pictures of you?!?!

You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones with you at the beach in the too small Speedo with it pulled up the crack of yer butt the way your lifeguards wear them.

Oh, and thanks for the picture of the birthday cake (was that chocolate devils food with marshmallo icing? My fave) but I really would have liked to see those pictures that I know you have of you nekkid and all smeared with that icing. You know, the pictures that you surely took AFTER the one you sent me.

Does it sound like I'm obsessing a bit?

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home